Re: [Orgmode] org-babel - First line of file created by tangle

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel - First line of file created by tangle
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:38:18 +0200

Hi Eric

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Rainer,

I just responded to your other email with a global solution to this
problem.

Thanks - I'll look at it in detail tomorrow.

Do you think this is the sort of thing that would need to be
customized on a per-block or per-file/subtree basis?

Yes, I think it would be useful. An example would be if I want to create two scripts, where one is running on my local computer, and the other on a cluster, in which the paths might be different. Also: there is, in addition to R, also Ra, with Just-In-Time compiling functionality. It might be useful to be able to have two R scripts, one using R, the other Ra, for e.g. profiling. Another example would be to try different versions of e.g. R.

So yes, I think it would be very useful to define the two additional header arguments for each block:

:shebang NIL for default, other string for the shebang line
:headers NIL for default, NONE for no headers, other string for custom headers

If so we may want to move this customization behind a header argument.

That would be great

Cheers,

Rainer

Thanks -- Eric

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am sure I can customize it, but I could not find it.
> When tangling R code, I would like to skip (or customize) the first line of the resulting R file. It
> reads "#!/usr/bin/env Rscript" and I would either like to exclude it completely, or replace it with
> e.g. "## R"
>
> I am sourcing the files anyway from a different R session and I don't need to execute them directly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rainer
>
> --
> NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!
>
> Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
> (Germany)
>
> Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology
> Natural Sciences Building
> Office Suite 2039
> Stellenbosch University
> Main Campus, Merriman Avenue