Re: [Orgmode] Re: [org-beamer] \alert

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [org-beamer] \alert
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 11:21:44 +0100

This is also a very nice solution, thank you, I will be using it.

- Carsten

On Feb 3, 2010, at 9:31 AM, Karsten Heymann wrote:

Hi,

i just catched up reading the org list, and I think I can contribute to
this:

Is there a LaTeX command that can figure out if it is running a beamer
class?
If yes, a possible solution would be to redefine \alert in LaTeX when
not doing BEAMER.

The LaTeX Command \providecommand behaves exactly like \newcommand iff
the command does not already exist, so one (untested) solution would be

\providecommand{\alert}[1]{\emph{#1}}

I think this would be the cleanest way, but keep in mind that the
special <> beamer parameters are not supported by standard latex
command creation commands.

Yours
Karsten