Re: [Orgmode] List number resetting when using anchor tag in exported HT

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] List number resetting when using anchor tag in exported HTML
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:15:12 +0100

On Jan 28, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Jere McDevitt wrote:

If I key in what you list below with the list numbers flush or indented only 1 space, then yes the line numbers reset to 4 & 5 in the org file, but if you export that to HTML, because the <<Anchor1>> is not preceded by a comment mark, it shows up in the generated HTML as text. If the comment marker is put in place, the numbering resets but the anchor does not have any visible text, the generated <a> tag is wrapped in <p> tags and the enumeration is stopped/started around it.

Is there a way to define the anchor so the numbering continues as desired in both org and generated HTML, but no text is visible in the generated HTML?

* This is the first header line

 1. This is line number 1
 2. This is line number 2
 3. This is line number 3
    <<Anchor1>>
 4. This should be line number 4, but is reset by the anchor tag
 5. This should be line number 5.

Hi Jere,

here is how to do this, but it is not creating links to that
anchor automatically.  You have to make these explicitly,
like [[#anchor2][A link to item 3]]

* This is the first header line

 1. This is line number 1
 2. This is line number 2
 3. This is line number 3
    #+HTML:<a name='anchor2'>
 4. This should be line number 4, but is reset by the anchor tag
 5. This should be line number 5.

<ol>
<li>
List item 1
</li>
<li>

List item 2
</li>
<li>

List item 3
<a name="Anchor1" class="target">Anchor1</a>

</li>
<li>

List item 4
</li>
<li>
List item 5

</li>

</ol>

Table of Contents
        • 1 Header line 1
1 Header line 1
        • List item 1
        • List item 2
        • List item 3 Anchor1
        • List item 4
        • List item 5

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:29 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
At Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:01:23 +0000,
Eric S Fraga wrote:

> The following works just fine (at least for HTML export, not sure about anything else):

> * This is the first header line
>
>   1. This is line number 1
>   2. This is line number 2
>   3. This is line number 3
>      <<Anchor1>>
>   1. This should be line number 4, but is reset by the anchor tag
>   2. This should be line number 5.
>
> Note the indentation in particular.

(responding to my own post... sorry!)

The above is a little misleading as it looks like org is confused with
respect to list numbering.  I should have said that the numbering
above was incorrect only because I hadn't given org a chance to update
the numbers.  Hitting, for instance, C-cC-c on the last line gives:

* This is the first header line

 1. This is line number 1
 2. This is line number 2
 3. This is line number 3
    <<Anchor1>>
 4. This should be line number 4, but is reset by the anchor tag
 5. This should be line number 5.

Apologies for any confusion caused!

eric