Re: [Orgmode] viewing task notes in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] viewing task notes in agenda
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:00:44 +0100

Hi Manish,

I have SPC in the agenda bound to org-agenda-show-and-scroll-up, and that does open the drawer. Have you made a different binding?

- Carsten

On Jan 8, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Manish wrote:

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Jan 7, 2010, at 7:34 PM, Manish wrote:

is there a way to show the notes taken with `z' in agenda view (C-c
C-z in org file) in agenda log view?  I take small/quick notes about
the progress of a TODO with quick access to `z' key but the log mode
only shows the title of the TODO item in the log view.  The notes go
inside a LOGBOOK drawer and are not visible even when I activate
inactive time stamps with `[' key.  Is this be a viable feature
request? Would others find it useful? In case it's not, would it be
possible to just force open the LOGBOOK when follow-mode is `on' for
the inactive timestamped item?

Hi Manish,

I am not sure I understand.  When I press `[', a new entry shows
up in the agenda, with the text the headline of that entry.
If I go to that line and press SPACE, I see the note.

What exactly would you have happen?

Currently when I enable inactive timestamps and press SPACE on the
entry in agenda, the LOGBOOK stays of the entry in other window stays
folded.  Repeated SPACE does cycle through various visibility states
but it never opens the LOGBOOK drawer.  I must be missing some
setting..

Ideally (may be as an option), I would love to see the first line of
the note itself instead of the entry headline (the context is anyways
available in the minibuffer, if needed.)  This will save from
switching attention between agenda and org file windows when reviewing
activities.

Regards
--
Manish