Re: [Orgmode] org-indent-mode + word wrap

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-indent-mode + word wrap
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:08:27 +0100

Hi Christer,

On Jan 25, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Christer Enfors wrote:

I'm having problems with word wrapping when using org-indent-mode and word wrapping. The text is wrapped beyond the right side of my 80-column window, once I get a few levels of indentation.

This is right, this is one of the draw-back currently in using org- indent-mode.
I am solving it by making my window a bit wider... :-)

So I checked the manual to make sure I was doing everything correctly, and the manual says I need emacs version 23.1.50.6 or newer for org-indent-mode. Apparently, I'm using (GNU) emacs version 23.1.3, so I guess my emacs is too old. But when I check the GNU ftp server, I see nothing newer than emacs 23.1. What's going on? Is 23.1.50.6 a beta version, or something?

Indeed, there is no Emacs *release* where org-indent-mode runs stably. It will run stably in 23.2.

Emacs before the given version will actually *crash* when using org- indent-mode and folding everything up. This is unrelated to the wrapping problem you mentioned.

HTH

- Carsten