[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Moving to babel the whole configuration

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Moving to babel the whole configuration
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 19:53:35 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> At Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:43:17 -1000, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>
>> Have you seen the emacs starter kits?  I've found Eric Schulte's
>> starter kit to be very handy.  After struggling with emacs
>> configuration for decades I now have at least the illusion of
>> control.  The configuration is held in a series of org files that hold
>> emacs-lisp code blocks, which are tangled to produce the .el file that
>> emacs expects.  Each of my code chunks resides under its own org-mode
>> heading, replete with notes, links, etc.  It is kind of like a
>> literate .emacs program.
>
> Argghhh!
>
> I hate org-mode sometimes [1]: just when I think I'm reaching a stable
> system, somebody comes along and makes me realise how much better
> (easier to manage/understand) my system would be if I put yet more
> under org-mode control!
>
> Time to go through my .emacs etc files -- if you don't hear from me
> for several months, you'll know why!
>
> eric
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  As always, thanks to Carsten et al. for such a wonderful and
>      useful tool which has, without exaggeration, transformed by life in
>      both dramatic and subtle ways.

Amazing isn't it? I just blew a day by moving to org-babel for my init
file and managed to miss the "+" in my "#+end_src" marker ... but now
its working its all smiles despite another day configuring rather than
doing ;) It's an emacs problem in general. A shame there are no jobs
"configuring your editor" ....

--
Google Talk : address@hidden  http://www.google.com/talk
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )