Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Moving to babel the whole configuration

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Moving to babel the whole configuration
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:43:17 -1000

On Jan 21, 2010, at 6:19 AM, andrea wrote:

I'm really tempted to move all my emacs configuration in only one big file.
This would also help me to make it more consistent and readable.

But I'm afraid to mess up something, in theory I just need:
- a simple org and babel loader
- one big file containing everything

But how is emacs behaving?

For example the customization frame would be able to write on that file?

Other possible problems?

Hi Andrea,

Have you seen the emacs starter kits? I've found Eric Schulte's starter kit to be very handy. After struggling with emacs configuration for decades I now have at least the illusion of control. The configuration is held in a series of org files that hold emacs-lisp code blocks, which are tangled to produce the .el file that emacs expects. Each of my code chunks resides under its own org-mode heading, replete with notes, links, etc. It is kind of like a literate .emacs program.

hth,
Tom