Re: [Orgmode] Repeater Options

From: Nick Parker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Repeater Options
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:12:27 -0600

Jan,

That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Nick Parker
www.developernotes.com

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Jan Böcker <address@hidden> wrote:
On 17.01.2010 21:31, Nick Parker wrote:
> Is there a way to specify a todo item that is scheduled to repeat on the
> 3rd Thursday of the month?  I tried to use +1m, however that does not
> work the same way.  Any suggestions?

For more complex repeaters like that, you need to use a diary sexp like
this:

<%%(diary-float t 4 3>

The 4 specifies the 4th day of the week
(0 = Sunday through 6 = Saturday).

The 3 specifies the first Thursday.

This is adapted from an example in the Org documentation; refer to
"Diary-style sexp entries" under "8.1 Timestamps, deadlines and scheduling".

I have an entry in my Org files which has two of these, to show up on
both the second and the fourth Tuesday of every month.

HTH, Jan