[Orgmode] Re: [Fwd: Orgmode] Proposal: Enhanced link capabilites to Wand

From: David Maus
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Fwd: Orgmode] Proposal: Enhanced link capabilites to Wanderlust messages
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 21:27:56 +0100

Hi Tokuya,

At Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:35:59 +0900,
Tokuya Kameshima wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thank you for the mail.  I missed your proposal on the mailing list.
>
> As for "1.3 Link to thread", I think we can avoid the global level
> implementation by the following modification:
>
>     In the WL summary mode, you can toggle the thread open/close
>     status by pressing '/' key.  If `org-wl-link-to-thread' is set to
>     t and the thread is *closed*, `org-wl-store-link' stores a link to
>     the thread.  Otherwise, it stores a link to the message.
>
> The patch is below.
>
> [snip]
>
> I am not sure this is a good solution since this behavior seems a
> little bit tricky for the users.  But at least it avoids the global
> setting problem.

I'm not quite sure, either. My main concern is that under some
circumstances Orgmode will store a link to a 'thread' filter folder
even if the user does not intend to. And if I am the user I expect to
have complete control over my computer.

Using the 'folded' state of a thread gives control when storing a link
to a message that is part of a thread but not if the message is *not*
(yet) part of one. That is: A single message is a message in a threat
that has exactly one message.

Currently I am not sure anymore if storing a link to a thread is that
important. Storing a regular link to a message that is part of the
threat would be sufficient as opening the message in it's folder will
also show the threat the message is part of.

 -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... address@hidden