Re: [Orgmode] Setting up org-ctags and exporting ctags links

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Setting up org-ctags and exporting ctags links
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:03:55 +0100

On Jan 15, 2010, at 4:55 PM, Juan Reyero wrote:

Greetings,

I've just installed org-ctags in my system and it works beautifully.
One note, though, for those of you running on OS-X: you need to setq
org-ctags-path-to-ctags pointing to your ctags executable before
requiring org-ctags, otherwise it fails as it tries to call a
non-existing (operating-system) function.

Hmm.  Maybe we could actually use executable-find to initialize
the variable.  I'll look into it.

Also, there was some talk a while ago about exporting the org-ctags
links; Carsten pointed out that a function that returns the target's
filename was required
(http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg20565.html) and
Paul wrote org-ctags-get-filename-for-tag for this purpose.  I wonder,
has anybody used it to actually export HTML with ctags links?  I'd
like my web publishing to take advantage of the great ctags package.

This part is not yet implemented.  Patches welcome!

- Carsten

Best,

Juan
--