Re: [Orgmode] [Q]How to use multi-clocks simultaneously?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Q]How to use multi-clocks simultaneously?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:52:58 +0100

On Jan 13, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Edmond Halley wrote:

Hi, all

I am new to orgmode. I wonder whether I can clock the time for multi- task.

For example, I have two tasks: A, B. I issue `C-c C-x C-i' on the
header of A. It shows like this.
* Task
** A xxxxxx
   CLOCK: [2010-01-12 Wed. 21:35]
** B xxxxxx

But when I issue the same command `C-c C-x C-i' on the header of B. It shows:
* Task
** A xxxxxx
   CLOCK: [2010-01-13 Wed. 21:35]--[2010-01-13 Wed. 21:35] => 0:00
** B xxxxxx
   CLOCK: [2020-01-13 Wed. 21:35]

The second time using `org-clock-in' will first clock-out the previous
running clock, then start a new one.

Though it's instinct that when you time one task, you will keep on
working until you finish it. You won't switch to another task when
it's timing.

How can I use two clock separately for two different tasks?

Now, I manually inster those ending timestamp and re-calc the time interver.

You cannot, there is only a single clock in Org and you can only add time to a single task.

- Carsten

Thanks a lot!