[Orgmode] Re: org-babel-R and windows ?

From: d . tchin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-R and windows ?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:20:11 +0000 (UTC)

Dan Davison <davison <at> stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
> The org-babel default is to invoke R as an external shell command, and I
> think this is what is causing the problem. It requires that the emacs
> function shell-command can use the string "R" to invoke an R process,
> i.e. the R installation and the shell path must be such that this is the
> case.

Thank you for the information and explanation.
It seems that the problem comes from the windows shell.

I try the following :  I explicitely told emacs to use bash
with the following instructions :
(setq explicit-shell-file-name "C:/msys/1.0/bin/bash.exe")
(setq shell-file-name explicit-shell-file-name)

It works with bash.

> #+srcname:trial
> #+begin_src R :session org-babel-R-session
>    c(4,5,6,7,8,9)
> #+end_src

The "session" way works too.

Thank you.