Re: [Orgmode] [babel] org-babel-R and windows ?

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] org-babel-R and windows ?
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:56:58 +0100

d.tchin <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, d.tchin ,

> I need help to be able to use org-babel functionality.
> I use emacs 22.3.1 in windows XP and org-mode 6.34.
>
> I have the following instructions in .emacs
>
> (require 'org-install)
> (require 'org-plot)
> (require 'org-babel-init)
> (require 'org-babel-R)         ;; requires R and ess-mode
> (require 'org-babel-python)    ;; requires python, and python-mode
> (require 'org-babel-ditaa)
>
> ESS module is loaded before :
>
> (load "~/emacs/emacs-22.3/site-lisp/ess-5.7.1/lisp/ess-site")
>
> I don't manage to get any output with R Software.
>
> Below you will find test I have done :
>
> #+srcname:trial
> #+begin_src sh
>   echo output
> #+end_src
>
> #+results: trial
> : output
>
> #+srcname:trial
> #+begin_src R
>   c(4,5,6,7,8,9)
> #+end_src
>
> I manage to have shell output, but when I tried R procedure,
> I have the following output in *Messages* buffer
>
> executing R source code block...
> Syntaxe du nom de fichier, de répertoire ou de volume incorrecte.
joking: "what does that mean in *English*, you French-centric guy?!"  ;-)
ah,yes,  google translator is my friend:

Syntax of the file name, directory or volume error.

I suspect that R is not loaded/called correctly from org-babel

+ can you run R from emacs shell?
+ is the R executable in the path?
+ do you have all the backslashes defined correctly when you call the R
executable?

cheers,
Giovanni