[Orgmode] New slant on the "Second tuesday of the month" problem

From: Daniel J. Sinder
Subject: [Orgmode] New slant on the "Second tuesday of the month" problem
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:45:07 -0800

The question of timestamps for events that occur based on the ordinal count of weeks in the month (e.g., "every second Tuesday of the month") has come up several times before. The bottom line is that a diary sexp has to be used, and I understand that.

This is fine for, say, U.S. election days ("Tuesday after the first Monday of November") because they are never postponed. However, some repeating events like this (like work meetings) occasionally get postponed a day or two. Normally, I use multiple headings for repeating events that have this problem, which is easy thanks to org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift. With this, I can shift any given occurrence right from the agenda, and even add meeting notes to the headlines for specific meeting occurrences.

How can I achieve this with an event that *requires* a diary sexp? In essence I would like a function org-create-subtree-clones-from-diary-sexp that would generate N headlines for the next N occurrences of the event in an sexp. Or, is there another way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Dan