Re: [Orgmode] [beamer] frame arguments must be in envargs, not extra

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [beamer] frame arguments must be in envargs, not extra
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:31:38 +0100

On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:29 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

At Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:38:00 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:
On Jan 7, 2010, at 1:10 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
the documentation for beamer support,

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer.php

under the "Special properties" heading suggests that the BEAMER_extra
property can be used to specify options for the environment.
For
frames, trying for instance "[shrink=30]", this doesn't work.

No, this is not what BEAMER_extra is for, this is the function
BEAMER_envargs. BEAMER_extra is just plain LaTeX that will be inserted.

Ah, okay. That makes sense and BEAMER_envargs does indeed work. Thanks!

I don't this the document says differently, can you point out exactly
where you got this from?

I guess it was me reading too much into what you say about the extra
property.  The problem is that it mentions frames so I thought it
could be used to modify frame behaviour.  However, anything placed in
BEAMER_extra doesn't actually end up right after the \begin{frame} but
instead is placed after the \frametitle directive.  I have no problem
with this but it is slightly inconsistent with the wording for
BEAMER_extra in that the extra text does not get placed immediately
after the environment start.

Yes.

That document is a bit outdated, I think the manual formulates this a bit better already.

Actually, I am hoping very much that you and maybe a few other will turn
the Worg page into something much more useful, wit examples, tips and tricks,
and whatnot.

- Carsten

Thanks again,
eric