Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode + other modes for outlining and studying.

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode + other modes for outlining and studying.
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 20:25:38 -0700

I tried to implement mmm-mode support for org-mode source code blocks
following the sample recipes provided along with the mmm-mode source.
These efforts were met with almost no success.

using this org-mode buffer http://gist.github.com/271820

and this mmm-mode activation code http://gist.github.com/271822

I was able to get a block of css code to fontify from within an org-mode
buffer-- for some unknown reason I was not able to highlight blocks of
ruby or emacs-lisp code.

I fear the "one major mode per buffer" assumption is deeply embedded in
Emacs and *any* such solution will probably end up being buggy.

Best -- Eric