Re: [Orgmode] Problems with Org Mode which doesn't properly manage lineb

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problems with Org Mode which doesn't properly manage linebreaks in LaTeX export
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 18:55:48 +0100

Hi Pierfranco,

please augment your report with example input (.org file) and
output (.tex file).

Thanks.

- Carsten

On Jan 3, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Pierfranco Minsenti wrote:

Hi all,

this is my 1st message to the list and I am writing to ask for help.
I have a problem with the LaTeX export features of Org Mode, version 6.27a. installed on a GNU Emacs Emacs 22.1.1 (powerpc-apple- darwin7.9.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0).

The problem is the folllowing: in the header lines of the LaTeX file exported from an original Org file, the different commands which are automatically addedd by the system and which should begin each of them on a new paragraph, appear all in a single multiline paragraph. The problem is that this paragraph is commented, because it begins with the % Created 2010-01-03 etc. also added by the system.
Perhaps this is also why the the PDF export doen't work.

Another problem, caused by a line break not properly managed, is related to bulleted lists when they are exported to a LaTeX file: when items are longer that a single line, the lines after the first are broken down (that is: the second line etc. begin a new, not- bulleted paragraph, and they are not the second line of the item).

I have set the variable Org Export Preserve Breaks to on (non-nil) but nothing has changed.

I have also checked the specific LaTeX export variables of Org but all seems properly setted. By the way, when I make a very similar export from another Emacs mode, that is Muse Mode, to LaTeX, I don't have these problems and everything works just fine.

Has anybody experienced this problem with Org Mode and could help me?

Thank you very much in advance.

pierfranco