Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Store link to Wanderlust message fails when subject c

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: Store link to Wanderlust message fails when subject contains encoded characters [6.33trans (release_6.33f.173.g8f17)]
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:40:58 +0100

Hi David,

could you please provide a full backtrace for this bug?

Thanks!

- Carsten

On Jan 1, 2010, at 9:54 PM, David Maus wrote:

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See

    http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Storing a link to a Wanderlust message fails if the message's subject
field contains an encoded character.

For instance a message with the subject header field:

,----
| Subject: Eine Meldung und ihre Geschichte: =?UTF-8?B?RsO8cg==?= zwei
|  Gutscheine an den Pranger
`----

Is returned by `wl-summary-line-subject' as a string with a text
property that indicates that the last part of the string was (as far
as I understood the elisp manual) converted to latin-iso8859-1

,----
| #("Eine Meldung und ihre Geschichte: Für zwei Gutscheine an den Pranger" 35 68 (charset latin-iso8859-1))
`----

Feeding this string to `org-email-link-description' causes
`org-replace-escapes' to throw an error when setting the replace
string rpl using format and concat

*Messages*
,----
| setq: Args out of range: 30, 35
`----

A solution that obviously works is removing the text properties from
the subject string before `org-email-link-description' is called. As
the text property only tells us that the last part of the string was
converted /to/ latin-iso-8859-1 this should cause no problems, should
it?

Regards,

-- David

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.1.90.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.5)
of 2009-12-17 on elegiac, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 6.33trans (release_6.33f.173.g8f17)

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... address@hidden