Re: [Orgmode] protocol for PDFs?

From: D M German
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] protocol for PDFs?
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 23:48:54 -0800

 Jan> It allows you to link to any document format which doc-view-mode
 Jan> supports, which includes PDF files. The syntax is:

 Jan> docview:<file name>::<page number>

 Jan> Example:

 Jan> [[docview:/home/jan/some-file.pdf::7][Page 7]]

I have started modifying evince. I got to the point in evince that I can
now call emacs-client. The problem is, what do I pass to it?

Will the call to emacsclient be:

emascclient
ort-protocol://remember://docview:/home/jan/some-file.pdf::7/TitleOfPDF/Selection

By the way, the way I envision it, xournal will have an option to open
evince in the same page (already implemented), and then one can select
text from the PDF and send it to org.

In xournal one can create a hyperlink to a given page using org, but no
selection is possible (no support in xournal yet).

--dmg

--
Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/