Re: [Orgmode] protocol for PDFs?

From: D M German
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] protocol for PDFs?
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 12:07:02 -0800

 Jan Böcker twisted the bytes to say:
 Jan> Example:

 Jan> [[docview:/home/jan/some-file.pdf::7][Page 7]]

 Jan> Of course, these links open the file by visiting it in emacs.
 Jan> I would propose to modify org-docview.el to look in org-file-apps for an
 Jan> entry for \.pdf\'

thanks. This will get me going for the time being.

Also, keep in mind that some people use xournal for native .xoj files,
so it will be nice to generalize this for any extension (provide a
"handler" for the given type of document).

--dmg

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/