[Orgmode] Re: Multiple column views for one file

From: Thomas Leitner
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Multiple column views for one file
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:57:58 +0100

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:39:03 -0500, Matt Lundin wrote:
> AFAIK, it is not possible to switch between multiple column overlays
> for the same subtree. One immediate solution, however, would be to
> keep all your film entries in a subtree and to define a local column
> view for the subtree. E.g.,

> * Films
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :COLUMNS: %70ITEM(Details) %TAGS(Context) %Genre %Year %Director
>   :END:
> ** Citizen Kane
>
> The same method could be used for books, running, etc.

Thanks for the answer. However, I know of this solution and it won't
work for me because my journal has time stamped entries and the entries
are ordered by time -- here is a small excerpt:

* 2009
** December 2009
*** <2009-12-26 Sat> Board game session                    :friends:
*** <2009-12-30 Wed> Avatar                                :film:

    :PROPERTIES:
    :Imdb:     [[imdb:0499549]]
    :Director: James Cameron
    :Year:     2009
    :Genre:    Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
    :Country:  USA, UK
    :END:

*** <2009-12-31 Thu> Pragmatic Thinking and Learning       :book:

    :PROPERTIES: