[Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Prompt to remove deadline/scheduled dates

From: Paul Holcomb
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Prompt to remove deadline/scheduled dates
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:53:39 -0600

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 07:14:44PM -0500, Matt Lundin wrote:
> Paul Holcomb <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >  Its great that there is a log when the DEADLINE or SCHEDULED value
> >  changes for an entry.  It would also be nice if you could remove the
> >  deadline or scheduled value using the same interface so it could be
> >  logged.
> >
> I'm not entirely sure if this is what you are asking for, but you can
> remove SCHEDULED and DEADLINE metadata by adding a prefix argument to
> C-c C-s and C-c C-d.

 That's my fault; I wasn't very clear.

 Here's the problem: When you remove a deadline or schedule with the
 prefix argument, it doesn't make an entry about the removed deadline
 or schedule if you have the variable org-log-redeadline or
 org-log-reschedule set to 'note, respectively.

 From a quick glance, it looks like an easy patch to org-deadline and
 org-schedule as well.  Turns out I was just thinking about it the
 wrong way yesterday.

 Thanks for your followup here.

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
GPG key fingerprint          2B62 05AE EE74 845A 705F  D716 28C4 FE1C 088F CFAC