Re: [Orgmode] Obscure Bug with HTML Export if Directory Starts with an U

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Obscure Bug with HTML Export if Directory Starts with an Underscore
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 00:17:20 +0100

Hi Ian,

thank you for your report.

This has nothing to do with the directory starting with an underscore.
What is happening here is that Org-mode uses the first line in the buffer,
"-----" in your case as the title of the document since no other title
is defined.  Of course, the body-only export then discards the "title",
and you end up without your first line.

You could fix this with a dummy #+TITLE: line, or by putting anything at all
in a earlier line, even above #+STARTUP, or by setting the :title option
in your publishing setup.

Another way would be

#+STARTUP: showall indent
#+STARTUP: hidestars
#+TITLE: ADSL Connection Problems.
#+BEGIN_HTML
---
layout: post
title: {{{title}}}
tags: [gadgets, linux, test]
excerpt: Problems, problems!
---
#+END_HTML
Main text of post goes here.

i.e using the {{{title}}} macro to insert the title into the right
place while having #+TITLE around to stop Org from grabbing
the first line.

One could also question if it makes sense to grab the title from
the buffer if body-only is set, and I have now changed it so
that in this case it will *not* take the title from buffer text.

Hope something here will help you - these are murky waters.

- Carsten