[Orgmode] [OT]: Inconsolata and emacs

From: Markus Heller
Subject: [Orgmode] [OT]: Inconsolata and emacs
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:02:38 -0800

On 12/15/2009 1:57 PM, Nicolas Girard wrote:
2009/12/14 Carsten Dominik<address@hidden>:

On Dec 10, 2009, at 11:34 PM, Nicolas Girard wrote:

[snip]

That said, I'm using the free Inconsolata [*] font as my main font in
emacs, which offers a rich collection of various geometric shapes&
symbols. So, at no extra cost, I can enhance the aspect of my Org
buffers.

Attached is a little example to demonstrate what can be done. To get
this result:
1. I had to redefine org-agenda-format-date-aligned so that I can
replace the hardcoded lines surrounding dates with better looking ones
2. I used the "Watch" unicode character to represent scheduled events:
     (setq org-agenda-scheduled-leaders '("⌚ " "⌚ "))
3. I replaced the hardcoded '[' character denoting inactive timestamps
with a white triangle

Your screenshot looks really nice. I'm wondering, what OS are you using? I treid to use inconsolata in emacs under windoze XP, but the font looks terrible, no matter if I activate clear type or not.

How did you set emacs up to use inconsolata?

Thanks
Markus

See ? Who said Org couldn't be sexier ?

[*] http://www.levien.com/type/myfonts/inconsolata.html