Re: [Orgmode] [org-mac-protocol] How to actually set it up and use it?

From: Christopher Suckling
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [org-mac-protocol] How to actually set it up and use it?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:34:57 +0000

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:47:16 -0600, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden>
wrote:

> I just moved to a MacBook, couldn't be happier and mainly because the last
> version of emacs compiles flawlessly and works like a charm. It's even as
> beatiful as other OSX apps. Great.
>
> I've been looking through Worg and found about the org-mac-protocol, and the
> idea of inputting stuff to my files through Quicksilver really turned me on
> :) Kudos to the developer !
>
> Anyway, the docs are kind of scarce and too technical. While I could install
> and (I think) set it up in emacs, I can't find the way to actually use it.
> It just says there are some scripts vailable (apple scripts), but where do I
> trigger them, for example, how could I trigger them through Quicksilver ?

If you can hold fire for about a week, I've got half an update ready;
but I've been horribly busy for the last few months so it kind of got
stuck. I should finally have a bit of time from Thursday.

Meanwhile, ensure that Quicksilver is cataloguing your ~/Library/Scripts
directory (I think it does this by default, but you can check the
catalogue pane in the Quicksilver preferences). Have the document you
wish to link to as the front document, call Quicksilver, type the name
of the org-mac-protocol script in the first pane (org-link,
org-remember, org-note), the second pane should show `run', so just hit
return and org-mac-protocol will do its stuff.

I'll improve the docs when I finish the update.

If you're new to Quicksilver you should have a look at the tutorials at
the bottom of the wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksilver_(software)

Best, Christopher