Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support in Org-mode

From: Mark Elston
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support in Org-mode
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:49:05 -0800

Nick Dokos wrote:

IIUC, another way to go (possibly much simpler than org-babel[1]) is to use
selective export:

     #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS:   Tags that select a tree for export
     #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS:  Tags that exclude a tree from export

Mark the handout and notes sections with different tags and export
the document twice, once with the handout tag selected and once
with the notes tag selected.

This sounds like it would work as well, though it probably results
in a very different org-file organization to make it work.  I will
have to play around with the various options to see what works best
for me.

Thanks.

HTH,
Nick

[1] NB: org-babel is another area that I know very little about, but
hope to learn more about during vacation (although by this time, the
todo list for vacation has expanded sufficiently to occupy several
lifetimes...)

Hah!  I know exactly what you mean...

Mark