Re: [Orgmode] [babel] R - variable names in summary

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] R - variable names in summary
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 15:44:19 -0500

Graham Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan,
>
> That's great, I am beginning to grasp how this works
>
>>> But I would never have figured out the :results output  method, however.
>>
>> OK, it would be really helpful if you could let us know how we should
>> improve the documentation of it.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm the one to ask about the documentation, as I
> struggled with most of it, but that is my problem and probably not
> typical. I'm also still very much trying to get to grips with Emacs
> and orgmode.
>
> Not being a programmer, I find the terminology and phrasing of these

I wouldn't classify someone who analyses their data with R as a
non-programmer.

> sorts of things difficult to follow, and need examples to copy , and
> then try and extract from the documentation and other examples, how
> things work.
>
> My problem was therefore  the lack of examples specific to R.

Yes, I can see that. I can imagine that if shell/python/ruby code looks
alien then the examples using those languages are not very
inviting. Thanks for pointing that out. Tom Dye and Eric and I are
working on documentation, including a Worg page specifically for R with
org-babel. Currently it doesn't contain anything you don't know but
we'll let you know when the first version goes up on Worg.

Dan