Re: [Orgmode] URLs are not always linked properly

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] URLs are not always linked properly
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:15:51 +0100

On Dec 2, 2009, at 4:19 AM, William Henney wrote:

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

On Nov 30, 2009, at 8:10 PM, PT wrote:

For example, for this URL the bracketed part is not handled as part of the
URL,
though it should be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_(TV_series)

More often than not parenthesis are around a link, not part of it - this is why the plain link heuristics does not allow them. Please surround such
links with <..> or [[..]]

Coincidentally, just last Friday John Gruber posted a regex that deals
nicely with these cases:

http://daringfireball.net/2009/11/liberal_regex_for_matching_urls

I think it is a perl-style regex, but perhaps it could be ported to
emacs regexes.

Yes, this one looks good.  I am now using part of this
expression (but in Org-mode we insist on a protocol like "http:").

This change *might* break matching in XEmacs, I have tried to make
it work, but please, XEmacs users, let me know if there are problems.

Thanks Will!

- Carsten

Cheers

Will

--

 Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia