[Orgmode] Re: [babel] R - variable names in summary

From: Austin Frank
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] R - variable names in summary
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 23:38:16 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08 2009, Graham Smith wrote:

> The colnames t works as expected, but how do I then see the variable
> names when using the summary command, and str doesn't work at all
> (source block produced no output) . They appear OK in the R buffer.

This is help from the R side, not from the org-babel side.  If these
suggestions don't work, one of the babelers will have to step in.

Many functions that print output to the interactive buffer will not
produce that output when called outside of the interactive buffer.  For
these functions, if you wrap them in print() you can usually get the
results you want.  So, in your R code blocks, try

  print(summary(whatever))

and

  print(str(whatever))

If all you need is the names of the columns,

  print(names(whatever))

might be useful.

HTH,
/au