[Orgmode] Re: Org mode and Collaboration with others.

From: andrea
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and Collaboration with others.
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:46:01 +0100

Michael Gilbert <address@hidden> writes:

> On Dec 3,2009, at 3:38 AM, andrea wrote:
>
> I'm not sure that emacs (ab)use is the right frame of reference
> here. Shouldn't we be talking about interoperability standards here?
> Orgmode  supports the same core set of data that other todo list tools
> and  calendar tools support. In many cases, Orgmode can export
> cleanly, as  the OP suggested. In a few cases, it can import. Can that
> be taken  further? I just wanted to add my two cents for OM "playing
> well with  others" and I'm curious as to what people are trying.
>
> -- Michael

In theory you're right, exporting and publishing work really well.
But if you want to collaborate with other people in my opinion you can't
rely so much on importing/exporting.
You would spend too much time to merge and fix manually stuff.

I think that working with two products only (if the other one is a bit
smart) using some elisp magic you can really create a mixed environment
that works, but that's not a general solution.

For example for the calendar.
It would be nice to have a system where org-mode and $PROGRAM_X reads
and writes at the same time on a webdav shared calendar.