[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Tiny "problems"
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:07:32 +0100

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> - srcname must be in column 0 for the highlighting to be correct.
>
> The syntax highlighting is really just org-mode comment highlighting,
> and I don't know that it would be desirable to start highlighting
> comments which don't start at the beginning of a line.
>
> Maybe once babel is able to recognize #+source: and #+results: lines
> which don't start at column 0 -- currently it doesn't -- then it would
> make sense from a babel perspective to put some pressure on the syntax
> coloring.

Since version 6.30 or so, comments and code blocks are correctly highlighted
when starting in columns others than 0.

I'm using that feature since then, so that my code is indented accordingly to
its position in the text.

>> - *after* =C-c '= forth and back, all the blank lines in my source block (in
>>   my example, the one between "SET NOCOUNT ON" and "SELECT TOP 10") are
>> filled
>>   with an amount of whitespaces (and, in my Emacs config, highlighted as
>>   useless spaces).
>>
>> - the condition block is not indented properly in the tangled output file;
>>   only the first line is:
>>

> Maybe the above two issues could be fixed by setting the
> `org-src-preserve-indentation' variable's value to t. Since I only need this
> in some org-mode buffers I set it as a buffer local variable by placing a
> line like the following at the top of these buffers.
>
> # -*- org-src-preserve-indentation: t -*-
>
> again this should/will be in the documentation somewhere...

That's not it (already tried before posting). That variable, when set, makes
Org removes the minimum common number of whitespaces.

That does not fix the problem of useless whitespaces in blank lines, and has
no impact on the indentation of tangled blocks:

>> -- no longer display the count message
>> SET NOCOUNT ON
>>
>> SELECT TOP 10
>>        etpNom,
>>        etpID,
>> FROM etp
>> WHERE etpID
>>     IN (SELECT actID
>>         FROM actions
>>         WHERE actID = 338)
>>     AND
>>     -- extra condition                                   << OK
>> pfiAuth = 1                                              << not
>> AND SUBSTRING(etpCPNum, 1, 3) = "111"                    << not
>> ORDER BY pfiID
>> -- CP111.sql ends here

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,