Re: [Orgmode] Multiple agenda buffers

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Multiple agenda buffers
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 15:18:22 +0100

Desmond Rivet wrote:

> Is it possible to have multiple Org Agenda buffers open say, if you want
> different search results side by side?

For the use case of simply viewing two search results side by side,
renaming an agenda buffer seems to work:
- open the agenda view: C-c a a
- M-x rename-buffer RET new.name RET
- open a second agenda view: C-c a t

The problem with this approach is that any agenda command you use in the
renamed agenda buffer will be confused and probably not work. A solution
to this might be to make some variables (including
org-agenda-buffer-name and org-agenda-type) buffer-local to this renamed
buffer, but I have no idea if this could work or what other variables
would have to be included.

HTH, Jan