Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support - 2nd round

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support - 2nd round
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 18:34:51 +0000

At Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:10:44 +0100,
Carsten Dominik wrote:

> after carefully listening to all your comments and thinking
> things through more thoroughly, here is now my second attempt
> to define beamer support in Org-mode.

Carsten,

Thanks for this!  After learning a bit about git branches (more than I
probably wanted to know ;-) and a bit more about org mode columns
view, I can say that I like what you have done.  I've been playing
with your sample file for a short while and it looks a good design
which seems to support everything /I/ would want and does so in an
easy way (especially the combination of the new C-c C-b special
org-beamer command and columns view).

I've run into a few niggles but I need to play some more (probably
over the weekend) to see whether some of them are my fault or due to
bugs in the code.  However, some immediate niggles or suggestions are:

- I need to be able to specify arguments for columns (i.e. the
  environment, not specific columns), specifically
  often [t] to make two columns align vertically

- I don't understand what the difference between opt and envargs is.
  In fact, I see no reference to BEAMER_opt in the document you wrote
  yet your example has opt as one of the column view specifications.

- it would be nice if when a column heading is also a block heading,
  that the tags generated (which, by the way, is a really nice
  feature) include both block and column tags to make it easy to spot
  the column aspect.

You'll probably be hearing from me soon again!

Oh, and thanks for the separate email showing me how to do my page 100
with the new setup.  How to do it was actually quite clear from the
example you gave in the other message.  Very straightforward and does
work nicely.

Thanks again,
eric