Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:37:20 +0000

At Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:34:24 -0600,
Keith Lancaster wrote:

> I apologize for the WAY off topic question, but since you folk are
> emacs experts....do you use emacs for email, and if so, what do you
> use? Org-mode caused me to switch to emacs after programming for 30
> years in other editors, and so like many emacs converts, I'm not
> wanting to exit the app :-).

I use wanderlust.  Works well.  I have also used gnus in the past (but
just couldn't get comfortable with its world view...).

The only thing I would highlight is that, in my experience, emacs
based MUAs are slow (say in comparison with mutt) and don't function
well with mailboxes with, say, 5000 messages.  I've moved to a "0 size
mailbox" approach to handling my email (which works well with org and,
in fact, requires org to work at all really) so this is not an issue
for me.

HTH.