[Orgmode] Re: [OT] Emacs for email?

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Emacs for email?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:31:48 +1100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Ben Finney <address@hidden> writes:
> > I would dearly love to use Gnus for email too, and am this →← close,
> > but I have an interactive external program generating my message
> > signatures and I can't figure out how to get it working in Emacs
> > quite as easily as it does in Mutt.
>
> This should be very easy.  Have a look at
>   http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMnemonics
>
> where the fortune program is used as signature program.

That misses the fact that, as I said above, I use an *interactive*
program for generating my signature block. It's not a matter of
generating output unilaterally from the program. I interact with the
program on the console (saying yes or no to proposed random signatures),
and it then modifies an existing message file in-place. I can't figure
out how to get Emacs to work with this program.

Anyway, this is now wildly off-topic for an Org discussion forum.

--
 \                  “Holy bouncing boiler-plated fits, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney