[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Executing sh-code

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Executing sh-code
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:37:59 +0100

Hi Nick and Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> There are two methods that I use that I think are much more effective than
>> sprinkling message calls all over the place:
>>
>>      o edebug-defun: (in emacs-lisp mode, C-u C-M-x) will mark the function
>>        so that when it is called, the interpreter stops and you can then
>>        single-step through it with <SPACE>. At each point, you can press
>>        "e" and evaluate variables (actually arbitrary expressions).
>>
>>      o Insert a strategically placed (debug) call and then call the
>>        function. If/when the debug call is executed, you are dropped into
>>        the debugger and you can then evaluate arbitrary expressions.
>
> Excellent.  Thanks Nick, I look forward to the next bug so I can try
> these out. -- Eric

I'd like to be able to enter one level more inside Emacs and its satellites.
But, when I tried to use debuggers, I've always been confused by the multiple
solutions, as there are already 2 different debuggers (with similar names):
debug and edebug.

Plus, I wondered if there wasn't something existing around CEDET or Slime but
for ELisp...

Thanks for your answer,
  Seb

--