Re: [Orgmode] Radio targets: identification

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Radio targets: identification
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:48:38 +0100

Hi Samium,

radio links are not strong enough to support massive matching, and I don't want to implement a parser like this.

But I think this would be a nice add-on, to make a more powerful radio- link module. It could include across-file linking, derivatives like you suggest and more.
Nice Xmas project, anyone??? :-)

However, I don't think it is feasible to do this like I currently do, with font-lock. Font-lock is applied after every key stroke, and when matching very many words, this will not work. Probably a system using hooks and/or idle timers could be appropriate...

- Carsten