Re: [Orgmode] beamer columns

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] beamer columns
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:17:54 -1000

On Nov 29, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Nov 29, 2009, at 7:31 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

Aloha all,

Would it make sense to implement Beamer columns with Org-mode tables?

Hi Thomas,

I cannot see how this would make sense.

Maybe you'd like to elaborate?

- Carsten

Hi Carsten and Sebastian,

This idea might be nonsense or technically infeasible.  The advantage, if it is one, is that the same org file might export to LaTeX and Beamer with roughly similar results.  If headlines are used below the level of the Beamer frame, then export to LaTeX becomes problematic, or so it seems to me (and perhaps some others, if I've read their posts correctly).   A column-like arrangement in a portion of a LaTeX file is sometimes faked by using \begin{tabular} \end{tabular}, and this naturally brought to mind Org-mode tables.

Apologies if the signal/noise ratio is distressingly low here.

All the best,
Tom

Thomas S. Dye, Ph.D.

T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.

Phone: (808) 529-0866 Fax: (808) 529-0884

http://www.tsdye.com