Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Executing sh-code

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Executing sh-code
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:46:39 -0500

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Torsten,
>
> Torsten Wagner wrote:
>> I just tried quickly. I use org-babel with python, up to now never with
>> shell scripting.
>>
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>>> * Prerequisites
>>>
>>> #+begin_src sh :session ecm
>>>     cd ~/Personal
>>> #+end_src
>>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>>
>> This works for me (I changed the folder name). There is a error line in my
>> message buffer:
>>
>> executing Shell source code block
>> ~/babel
>> save-current-buffer: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, nil
>>
>> but the relevent part runs ok. My shell buffer depict to the new folder
>> after execution:
>>
>> address@hidden ~ %
>> cd ~/babel
>> echo 'org_babel_sh_eoe'
>> address@hidden ~ % cd ~/babel
>> address@hidden ~/babel (git)-[master] %

Hi Seb,

I'm also seeing problems with shell session evaluation but having
trouble debugging. My current suspicion is that the prompt characters
are the problem here (something which differs between you and Torsten)
Could you try using a prompt that ends in '% '? E.g. on ubuntu at least
I can set the prompt in emacs shell sessions with a line like

PS1='\w % '

in ~/.emacs_bash.

Also, please pull latest git as we have just fixed an unrelated bug in
 shell session-based evaluation.

Dan