[Orgmode] Re: Q: How to search dates within current week

From: Kwee Heong TAn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Q: How to search dates within current week
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:26:18 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

Problem : search for CLOSED items in current week

It turns out that Orgmode has the functionality all along but being a newbie,
I did not ask the right question. Bernt Hansen's suggestion to use Timeline
with C-u l provided the clue.

When I view the weekly agenda ( C-c a a ), I get a list of scheduled items.
Press "l" to turn on logbook mode and presto!, I get a list of items closed for
the same week.
I can change the time period with d,w,m,y to get daily, weekly, monthly or
yearly view. To see the entire file, I switch to Timeline, and then turn on
logbook mode.

In summary, logbook mode off always shows scheduled items while logbook mode on
always shows closed times. The time frame being displayed depends on whether
you are viewing daily, monthly, yearly or timeline.

The other neat thing is that when you press <left> or <right> to shift the date
window, the logbook mode shows the closed items for the correct time frame.

Happy Thanksgiving!