Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support in Org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Beamer support in Org-mode
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:57:29 +0100

On Nov 26, 2009, at 5:49 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

Hi,

this is in response to the discussions about beamer
export from Org-mode.  Yesterday I had a long train ride
during which I scanned the beamer documentation (smoking
hot stuff!).  Then I made the attached draft
for Org-mode support, strongly based on the stuff
Eric Fraga has put together recently.  What is described
below sort-of works in some experimental code here, but before
I polish I would like comments on this outline.

NOW is the time to chime in.

This is all looking like *extremely* good news to me.

I'm trying to test out Carsten's example, but I have a question that
probably just reveals that I haven't understood the discussion: what
exactly are we supposed to use for the "beamer" entry in
org-export-latex-classes?  Are we using the version in Eric Fraga's
original post unmodified? (But that doesn't seem to have the initial
header-string entry?) [Would someone like to make the start of a Worg
page where we can keep the documentation and configuration code etc as
it evolves? I can do it, but only very ignorantly.]

Nothing of this is yet working with the current org.-mode. I am building special support for this, basically the ability to provide a function that does the class support, instead of the list you normally have to provide in the org-export-latex-classes variable. And then org-beamer.el which implements this function and the minor mode.

- Carsten