Re: [Orgmode] Sorting of Lists Beginning with a Link Does Not Work as Ex

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Sorting of Lists Beginning with a Link Does Not Work as Expected
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:21:25 +0100

On Nov 25, 2009, at 12:04 PM, Ian Barton wrote:

- [[./benighted_on_the_ben.html][Benighted on the Ben.]] A Winter ascent of Glover's Chimney almost leads to bed & breakfast on the summit of Ben Nevis. - [[./route_major.html][Route Major.]] We get lost on the famous route on Mont Blanc's southern side. - [[file:a_walk_in_the_berwyns.org][A Walk in the Berwyns]] Just to show I don't always get lost. - [[file:castell_helen_gogarth.org][Castell Helen Gogarth]] Classic cliff with a cafe at the top! - [[file:crowberry_left_fork.org][Crowberry Gully, Left Fork]] Buchaille Etive Mor. Much more fun than the ordinary straightforward route. - [[file:first_pinnacle_rib_tryfan.org][First Pinaccle Rib Tryfan]] How not to go climbing with young children.

Again I am not sure if this is expected behaviour. If I try to sort the above list using any of the available methods, it doesn't get sorted at all.

Using alpha sort I would expect the list to sort starting with the link description and then to consider the rest of the text.

Hi Ian,

the sorting algorithm is not smart enough to analyze links, so this will be sorted
the the link URL, which it is.

- Carsten