[Orgmode] #+BEGIN_... blocks in lists

From: Peter Danenberg
Subject: [Orgmode] #+BEGIN_... blocks in lists
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:07:06 -0600

I'd like to be able to do something like the following:

  - item 1
    - item 1.1
      #+BEGIN_SRC lang
      code
      #+END_SRC
    - item 1.2

but the source blocks are interpreted as text despite section 2.7 of
the manual, which says:

  Since indentation is what governs the structure of these lists, many
  structural constructs like #+BEGIN_... blocks can be indented to
  signal that they should be part of a list item.

I'm therefore forced to do something like the following:

  - item 1
    - item 1.1
  #+BEGIN_SRC lang
  code
  #+END_SRC
  - item 1

which effectively terminates the list in the middle.

Is it possible to embed #+BEGIN_... blocks in a list?