[Orgmode] Re: Emacs opens a frame for each file in agenda list on org-mo

From: Steve Brown
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Emacs opens a frame for each file in agenda list on org-mobile
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:59:04 +0000

Hi Christopher,

On 23/11/2009 17:42, Christopher Long wrote:
Dear Steve and All,

    Was this additional instance of emacs problem resolved?
I am having the same problem also on windows XP.
I wonder whether emacsclient or emacsclientw need to be called instead
of a new instance of emacs.

Sadly, I've not managed to resolve this at all.

I did try using (server-start) but the frames still open and they bitterly complain that a server instance is already running.

I'm going to strip out everything from my .emacs until I just have the org-mode settings left to see if that changes anything, but I'm not hopeful.

I haven't seen many complaints about this issue, so I assume that it is uncommon and possibly difficult to replicate.

Unfortunately I don't know how to step through elisp to debug this myself ;-) I may have a steep learning curve ahead of me.

If someone could give me a hint as to how to do this I'd be grateful.

Best,

Steve