Re: [Orgmode] text ignoring page breaks (was Latex export to A4)

From: Ed Hirgelt
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] text ignoring page breaks (was Latex export to A4)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:44:15 -0800

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Graham Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
Well this seems to be nothing to do with the page size as other files
are working fine.  I have now opened a new file and typed everything
in from scratch and still getting the same problem. I have looked at
the tex file and can't see anything obvious,  but as a PDF the text
runs over the page number and off the bottom of the page.

I have attached the file in the hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong.

For now I have transferred it to Open Office to finish it, but really
need to sort this out. I have upgraded to OrgMode 6.33f, still Ubuntu
9.04

I think the problem is that you have no paragraphs, just headers.  I hacked your file to have some random junk in a few of the sections and it turned out a lot better.

I've noticed this about LaTeX in the past.  Just an outline (section headers only) often turns out badly.  Once you get some content, everything starts to lay itself out nicely.

Hope this helps,
Ed