[Orgmode] Re: C-a marks whole buffer instead of moving to beginning of l

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: C-a marks whole buffer instead of moving to beginning of line
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:58:32 +0100

On Nov 19, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Rainer Stengele wrote:

I get:

C-a runs the command mark-whole-buffer, which is an interactive
compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'.

It is bound to C-a, C-x h, <menu-bar> <edit> <mark-whole-buffer>.

(mark-whole-buffer)

Put point at beginning and mark at end of buffer.
You probably should not use this function in Lisp programs;
it is usually a mistake for a Lisp function to use any subroutine
that uses or sets the mark.

I can't seem to find the beast. I already switched off cua mode.
How can I find where this setting is done?

Hi Rainer

clear out your .emacs file and add stuff back in until the
problem appears.  If your .emacs file is big, do the
adding/removing in a bisecting way.  If it gets frustrating, see
it as an opportunity toe clean up this file :-)

HTH

- Carsten

Thanks,
Rainer