Re: [Orgmode] Way to prepare a bugreport for pasting into a non-emacs ma

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Way to prepare a bugreport for pasting into a non-emacs mailclient?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:19:26 +0100

Well, thanks for your hint!

Giovanni Ridolfi schrieb:
> (setq user-full-name "  ")
> (setq user-mail-address "  ")
> ;; Send mail using SMTP
> (setq smtpmail-smtp-server " ")
> (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it) ;; If you use the default mail
> user agent.
> (load-library "smtpmail")

As it turns out, setting mail-user-agent to ignore has exactly the
same effect, as reporter.el will fallback to smtpmail.

Thanks again!

Kind regards
     Friedel
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

(Rant ahead, please only scroll down if you're in total peace with the
whole universe and nothing can disturb your calm!)

That at least gives me the opportunity to edit the buffer and then
send it via mutt, because that will store it in the proper archive
folder and do tons of other stuff that I want it to do, which I'd have
to emacs how to do properly, which would be lost work, since I don't
intend to use emacs as a mail program.

I just wanted to send mail with mutt, not with emacs, but mh-e seems
to be the default nowadays if nothing is set, and that one complains
about ~/Mail/draft being a directory (because that's the directory
where mutt stores its drafts, doh!)

> and Emacs will send with its mail program

No thanks! I do not want to send or read mail with emacs.

Now I just have the problem that I can press C-c C-c accidentally in
the buffer, but there's probably little chance of that happening.