[Orgmode] Bug: Agenda Org-mode searches are limited by buffer narrowing

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug: Agenda Org-mode searches are limited by buffer narrowing [6.33trans (release_6.33c.18.ga606)]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:33:06 -0500

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

The org-agenda multi-occur search command (C-c a /) does not return
results on buffers that are currently narrowed if the search would
normally match outside the narrowed region.  This prevents possible
matches from being displayed.

Narrowing should probably be disabled during searches so it's possible
to find all of the occurrences.

I'm working in file A, and have it narrowed to subtree.  I get
interrupted and move to file B, then I want to add details to a
project I know exists and I use the agenda search to find it ... but
it's in file A outside the narrowed region and no results are
returned.  I forgot file A was narrowed but I don't think this should
affect the search results.

I think the agenda restriction lock should be the only thing that
affects agenda search results.

-Bernt

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
 of 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 6.33trans (release_6.33c.18.ga606)