Re: [Orgmode] More on GTD, browse todos by priority or creation date

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] More on GTD, browse todos by priority or creation date
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:07:23 +0000 (GMT)

--- Lun 16/11/09, T o n g <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi, Tong,
>  What I haven't figured out is how to browse todo
> items by priority

in the file you can sort them: select the
region and C-c ^
(Manual, 2.5 Structure editing)

I think this can also be done in the agenda,
please see:
     [10.4.3 Sorting of agenda items]
In the manual there also custom commands
you can adapt to your workflow.

> or creation date.

I don't know.

> I want to know is that
> weather org-
> mode can somewhat allows me to assign arbitrary levels of
> priority to my todo list,

If you open the Org-mode manual
then search (C-s) for "prior" or "sort"

I think you'll find at least some hints,
if not the solution itself.  e.g. (5.4 Priorities)

  By default, Org mode supports three priorities:
  `A', `B', and `C'.  `A' is the highest priority.

you can also use numbers
   (2000 for priority `A', 1000 for `B', and 0 for `C'),
   [10.4.3 Sorting of agenda items]

cheers,
Giovanni