[Orgmode] Re: Only Clock in Top-Level Task

From: Markus Heller
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Only Clock in Top-Level Task
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:48:05 -0800

Bernt Hansen wrote:
Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:

Hello,

This is what my project.org looks like:

* STARTED My Project                           :NEXT:
  :LOGBOOK:...

** TODO Task 1 [0/2]
*** TODO Sub-Task 1
*** TODO Sub-Task 2

This is what I'd like to do:

I'd like to be able to clock in from Task 1, Sub-Task 1, or Sub-Task
2, but make org-mode add the clock entries into the :LOGBOOK: of My
Project, i.e. the top-level task/project.  In other words, I'm not
interested in keeping track of how much time I spent on Task 1, or any
of the sub-tasks, I'm only interested in the time I've spent on
working on My Project.

Is there anyway to do this?

C-c C-x C-d will total time for a task including times on a subtask.

-Bernt

Hi Bernt,

I saw this option in the manual, but this is not quite what I want. What I'd like to be able to is clock in from any sub-task and be clocked into the *top-level* task, not the task I'm clocking in from.

Is that feasible?  Or am I too confusing?

Thanks
Markus